Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Review: Charme Hair Studio


Charme Hair Studio
14 Scotts Road, #03-87, 
Far East Plaza, Singapore 228213

Tel: 6734 8801, 6734 8863


I got a voucher from Groupon for $38. It was supposed to be for scalp analysis + wash & blow + L’Oreal spa treatment + cut.

The place was pretty small with 3 staff and around 5 chairs. I had an appointment at 2pm and arrived slightly earlier despite the rain. I had to wait for around 10-15 mins before it was my turn.

The voucher got drenched in the rain and the security code was not very legible. I had to call Groupon to ask about the code. Whilst I was doing that, the stylist (didn’t get his name. he is the older male one) went “tsk tsk. Your hair is very dry”. YES, he went TSK TSK. OMG. My eyeball nearly rolled to the back of my head. I know my hair is dry but TSK TSK?! REALLY?!

He tried to promote a upgrade of the treatment but I refused.

A lady washed my hair and applied the treatment on my hair. She was nice. Her shampooing skill was not bad. The shampoo that they use is pretty shiok too. It has the minty, cooling feel.

After 15 mins, the guy stylist wanted to remove the machine but he wasn’t very careful and it hit my head. He did not realise initially but my facial expression probably gave it away. 

Honestly, by this time, my patience for the guy was thinning.

The lady was not very good at blowdrying curly, frizzy hair and my hair frizzed up (yes, even after the treatment).

The cut lasted only for 15 mins because I only asked him to trim and give it shape. To me, 15 mins feels a bit short. Some say he is efficient, I feel he didn’t put heart into cutting.

He tried to give advice (rebonding, soft rebonding) but I didn’t really appreciate his tone. He had the i-know-better tone and that didn’t sit well with me. Personally, I do not really like stylists who promote rebonding as a solution to my hair. Yes, it is a solution. It is the easy way out. For my hair, it is only a very temporary solution (3 months before the roots start to curl and become SUPER ugly). I have tried rebonding for 5-6 years before I decided to stop. I know how my hair reacts and I do not want to try it again.

I didn’t get a scalp analysis. This might be because my face was probably very black by the time the stylist finished cutting my hair. 

Verdict: I am never going there again. It is like a heartland hair salon which somehow ended up in Orchard. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India