Sunday, May 29, 2011

Review: Sony Cybershot TX5 - underwater camera


The Sony TX5 is a waterproof (up to 3m) and shockproof (up to 1.5m) digital camera. I LOVE IT! The colours on the photos are vivid and detailed enough. The lens, is also wide enough for group photos, which comes in handy for overseas shots when you need to capture both the people and the landscape. Battery life is also goood; able to last for a entire day out. 


We had a lot of fun with the underwater function in the pool. It was hard trying to pose underwater but that was part of the fun! :) 


The camera also does night shots well. My friends commented that the flash is pretty strong. 

However, it is VERY prone to scratches and nicks. I dropped the camera while squatting and there are visible nicks already. I wonder how the camera will deal with a 1.5m drop… After dropping it, the camera hanged for a little while. When I tried to on it, it said system corrupt or something like that. I had a shock, but it was revived after I took out the battery, waited for a lil while and put it back in. I now put it in a hard case to protect it. J

If you are wondering why my TX5 looks a bit funky, that’s because the paint on the sliding cover peeled when I accidentally left it in water overnight. You see, the instructions recommended a soak in clean water after usage in pool/sea water. I totally forgotten about my camera when I was in Bali and the paint was ‘bloated’ when I came back. I got a HUGE shock!! The paint had lost its ‘stickiness’ so I just peeled it off. Fortunately, the camera was still working! the sliding cover is like a mirror now.
Moral of the story, please follow instructions and soak in only for 30 mins. And mask your camera if you are into its looks. 


Oh, sometimes there will be a popup reminding you to close the cover tightly and check if there are any particles in the cover. It almost always appear after I open the battery cover to charge or remove the SD card. Not too sure if it means anything or just a gentle reminder but I just press the shoot button and use it as per normal. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India