Saturday, October 15, 2011

Review: HTC Incredible S


I lost my Iphone 4 last month so I got a HTC Incredible S.


What I like about it:

  1. Android system - the android system is so easy to play around. i could change the theme and lock screen easily. I did not have to jailbreak the phone to customise it.


What I dont like about it:


Function/Usage: 
  1. TOOOOOOO laggish. I have yet to try other android phones so im not sure if its the software or the hardware of the phone. Regardless, it is starting to piss me off. Even something as simple as typing an SMS is sooo frustrating. it lags so badly at times.
  2. it is soo hard to take a screenshot. I have yet to find out how. i went through some forums but it seems too troublesome. :x it is soooo much easier on a iphone
  3. the iphone camera has a wider angle... no more group shots with this phone. 
  4. i cannot see the name of the carrier. if i put my phone on silent i dont know if im roaming or not. i dont know if this can be solved with a rooted phone tho.
  5. music apps cannot be switched off easily. in the iphone 4, music apps can be switched off by holding the home button and flipping to the right. however, in htc incredible S, only the music player can be switched off that easily. the music player can be switched off by pulling down the menu and tapping on the pause button. However, for all other apps, like the radio, i need to tap into the app before i can off it. a bit too troublesome for my liking.
Personalisation: 
  1. HTC sense. some really love the system, but not me. i prefer to be able to customise the bottom row of standard icons like in a iphone. i would also like to see what apps are in a folder. fortunately, i could easily download a app to change the theme and customise the home page.
  2. i also dont like the fact that i cannot customise the quick setting in the pull down menu. I had to download a app which is triggered by holding the search button to customise the settings that i wanted.
Form:
  1. Battery life. really sucks. worse than Iphone. sometimes, it cannot even last 3 hours. i have to carry the cable everywhere and i bought a spare battery.
  2. the casing is plastic which is a lot less classy than the iphone (i do feel less guilty when i drop my HTC. haha.)
  3. Ultimately, HTC incredible S is not a flagship model. It was meant to be a cheaper alternative. I can live with its quirks for its price. I only paid $58 with a 2 year Starhub contract. :)


Love it? Hate it? Want to go try it? Leave a comment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India